The IKEA Home Tour Squad had the pleasure of visiting Annie in St. Louis, Missouri. The 16-year old was in need of a bedroom update, as she had outgrown the pink walls and outdated furniture from her childhood. Annie’s dream was to have a space that was simple and calming yet functional enough to store all her belongings. The Squad was up for the challenge and immediately got to work. The HAUGESUND mattress was the perfect choice for Annie’s bed, as it was super comfortable and came with a 25 year limited warranty. To bring the room together, they paired the mattress with the HEMNES bed frame. The frame was made of solid wood, so it was very durable and had a timeless look that would last for years to come. To create interest above the bed, the Squad wrapped a fun fabric by the yard from IKEA over a canvas stretcher. They also customized the space by adding an IKEA TARVA 5-drawer chest, and painted it with a cool pattern. To help Annie stay organized, the Squad finished off the space with SKUBB under bed storage and a RÅSKOG utility cart as a makeup organizer. The IKEA Home Tour Squad was proud to have completed Annie’s bedroom makeover in a timely manner. Annie was thrilled with the end result, and she now has a functional, stylish and calming bedroom that she can be proud of. The Squad was glad to have been able to help Annie create a space that she loves and can use to be creative and productive.
On Episode 210 of IKEA Home Tour, the Squad travels to St. Louis to help 16-year old Annie with her outgrown childhood bedroom. Annie desires a simple and calming space to encourage her productivity and creativity. The Squad provided her with the HAUGESUND mattress, which is designed with individually wrapped pocket coils for maximum comfort and comes with a 25 year limited warranty. The HEMNES bed frame was added for its timeless look, solid wood construction and durability. To add a unique touch, the Squad wrapped a fun fabric from IKEA around a canvas stretcher and hung it above the bed. To complete the bedroom design, the Squad added a TARVA 5-drawer chest, painted with a cool pattern, SKUBB under bed storage and a RÅSKOG utility cart for Annie’s makeup collection.
More IKEA Ideas for Teen Bedroom Makeovers
Helping a teenager transition from a childhood bedroom to a more mature space is a great opportunity for parents to show their support and create a space for them to be creative and thrive. To make the most of the transition, it’s important to get creative with furniture and décor choices that will both accommodate the needs of a teenager and be stylish enough to make them feel at home. Ikea is a great place to start when shopping for furniture and décor to help teens make the transition. Here are some ideas of Ikea products that can help a teenager who has outgrown her childhood bedroom:
1. Malm Bedframe: The Malm bedframe is the perfect choice for a growing teenager’s bedroom. It has a modern look that isn’t too grown up and comes in a variety of colors and finishes to suit any color palette. The slatted base allows for extra storage underneath the bed, and it can hold up to 200 pounds, making it an ideal choice for a growing teen.
2. Kallax Shelving Unit: A Kallax shelving unit is a great way for a teen to store their belongings and keep their bedroom organized. It’s a versatile piece that can be used to store clothes, books, and knick-knacks and is available in a variety of colors and finishes. The shelves can be arranged in different configurations to suit any space, and the adjustable feet allow for easy installation on uneven floors.
3. Knappa Pendant Light: A Knappa pendant light is a great way to add a touch of style and sophistication to a teen’s bedroom. The modern design will bring a touch of glamour to any bedroom and can be adjusted to different heights to accommodate any ceiling height. Plus, it’s affordable and comes in a variety of colors and finishes.
4. Eket Storage Combination: The Eket storage combination is an ideal choice for teens who need extra storage but don’t have a lot of space. The modular design allows the unit to be configured in different ways to accommodate any space and the adjustable shelves can be removed or rearranged to create more storage or less depending on the needs.
5. ShareChair: The ShareChair is a great way for a teen to invite their friends over for a movie night or just hang out. This comfortable, stylish chair is perfect for lounging and has a modern, minimalist design that will fit in with any décor. Plus, it’s lightweight and easily portable, making it a great choice for a teen’s space.
With these Ikea products, it’s easy to help a teenager who has outgrown her childhood bedroom transition into a more mature, stylish space. These pieces will help create a more functional and inviting environment that they’ll be happy to call their own.
1 thought on “Teen Bedroom Ideas”
I watch your show I like it with the way you did and I like to do my five kids five bedroom on their interest I am in the Canada