Crystal and Madison were ecstatic when they finally purchased their first home after years of dreaming, but they soon encountered a problem: they didn’t know where to start with decorating. They had a hand-me-down couch that was too small and no built-in storage, leading to boxes being stored behind the couch and laptops on top of file cabinets. In order to make their dream home a reality, the IKEA Home Tour Squad came to their rescue.
The Squad began with Madison’s dream for a table (and space) for arts and crafts, adding a white TRULSTORP coffee table in the center of the living room. This table not only provided the traditional fanfare of any other coffee table, but also featured multiple functions perfect for small spaces, including storage for Madison’s art supplies. In addition, one half of the coffee table can be raised so Crystal can work on her laptop at a comfortable height.
To transform their living room into a dining room, the Squad divided the space with a ROSKILDE rug and added a LISABO table near the window to make the most of the light in their space. The ODGER chairs helped to tie the space in with the thematic colors from the rest of the house, while BIRTINE curtains helped to control the amount of light and privacy they desired.
For lighting, the Squad added some overhead lighting for meals later in the day. The IKEA Home Tour Squad also added BESTÅ, a wall-mounted combination storage that helps divide Crystal’s living room décor from her dining room, and displays her entertainment console in a visually pleasing way. BOSNÄS ottomans were added below the BESTÅ storage, allowing Madison to store her toys away when guests are over.
A green VIMLE sofa was added as well, which was much larger and matched the color of her house. Adjacent to the sofa is a BURVIK side table, perfect for potted plants and beverages. Thanks to the IKEA Home Tour Squad, Crystal and Madison now have the home of their dreams. With the living room decorating finished, Crystal and her fur baby, Bambi, can finally enjoy their home the way it was always meant to be.
Living Room Ideas for a small space Having a small living room can be difficult to decorate. Here are five Ikea products that can help you make the most of your small living space.
1. Wall-Mounted Shelf – Wall-mounted shelves are perfect for freeing up floor space. The LACK wall shelf from Ikea is an affordable and stylish option. It comes in a range of sizes and colors so you can find the perfect match for your living room. You can use it to display photos, books, plants, or other decorations.
2. Multi-Functional Furniture – Multi-functional furniture is a great way to save space in a small living room. The SNIGLAR changing table from Ikea is not only a great looking piece of furniture, but it can also be used as a side table, a bench, or even an ottoman. It has a removable shelf and drawers so you can store items inside it and keep your living room neat and organized.
3. Ottoman – Ottomans are a great way to add extra seating and storage to a small living room. The ULLKAKTUS ottoman from Ikea is a great option. It has a removable lid so you can store items inside it, and it can also be used as a coffee table. It’s lightweight and has a sturdy frame so it won’t take up too much floor space.
4. Foldable Table – Foldable tables are a great option for small spaces. The NORBO wall-mounted drop-leaf table from Ikea is a great choice. It can be easily folded away when not in use, and it can be used both indoors and outdoors. The foldable design makes it perfect for creating extra dining or work space when needed.
5. Wall-Mounted Desk – Wall-mounted desks are great for creating extra work or study space in a small living room. The MICKE desk from Ikea is perfect for this. It has plenty of storage space and can be easily mounted to the wall. It also has a slide-out keyboard tray, so you can save even more space.
These five Ikea products are great for making the most of a small living room. Wall-mounted shelves, multi-functional furniture, ottomans, foldable tables, and wall-mounted desks are all great options for creating extra space and storage. With a few simple pieces, you can easily transform your living room into a stylish and functional space.