Here are some smart closet storage and organization tips from Steph of the IKEA Home Tour Squad!
1. Have everything organized right in front of you to help you quickly find what you're looking for.
2. Use storage that's adjustable, like the ALGOT system, to allow your closet to grow. You can add additional rails and shelves to fit your needs.
3. Take advantage of a PAX wardrobe frame, which makes it easy to display and store shoes and purses - just adjust the height to fit the items that you're storing!
4. Maximize your closet space by having storage all the way up the walls.
5. Keep seasonal items out of the way but still accessible by storing them on higher shelves in storage boxes. Have a step ladder within reach, like the foldable and hangable BEKVÄM stepladder, to easily grab high-up items.
6. Store and display jewelry and scarves on rails and hooks in order to see each piece that you have. Hanging a mirror nearby will help you coordinate your accessories.
What’s IKEA Home Tour? We’ll tell you! We’re sending a team of IKEA experts on the road to help America solve real home furnishing challenges, big and small, and transform their living spaces. The Home Tour Squad is hitting the road to assist those who need help with home projects – from closet organization to living room style upgrades to bedroom makeovers – and to illustrate genuine solutions that make everyday life at home better.
The Home Tour Squad will help plan and shop at the local IKEA store to find the best smart solutions for home challenges. The homeowners and the Squad members will then accomplish the transformation together! Plus, the Squad will film their journey along the way.